Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gear for sale


As much as I love my WX5 and VL70-m, I am needing to finance more guitar gear. I just got a good deal on a VG-99, and need to find a way to pay for it...

So here's what I'm selling:



- Yamaha WX5 wind controller in great condition
- reed and reedless mouthpieces, mouthpiece cover
- neck strap
- homemade soft-case
- MIDI cable
- Yamaha PA-3C adapter for WX5
- Yamaha VL70-m tone module in average condition (display is perfect, unit shows some wear/scratches)
- Yamaha PA-3B adapter for VL70-m
- ART X-11 MIDI Mastercontrol foot pedal
- replacement adapter (9 VDC 210 mA)
- Original WX5 manual
- Printed VL70-m manual
- Printed X-12 manual (cannot find X-11 manual online anymore!)
- Printed other hints and tips for using WX5 and VL70-m and using software
- Windows CD with manuals, documentation and software (see this site for software list)
Full pictures at this link.

Asking price $xxx, Paypal only. Will ship within 5 business days of agreed order. Ship to US and Canada only, no exceptions. Contact me at mike @ somedaygone . com

Most of this is pretty familiar to those looking at wind controllers. The ART X-11 is a little obscure. It is a foot pedal to assist changing patches in a performance setting. If the display reads "1", you are on patch 1 in the current sound bank on the VL70-m. You can hit the 1-5 pedals to switch between the first 5 patches on the current sound bank. To play patch 6, press the "Up" button to switch from patches 1-5 to patches 6-10. Then use the 6-10 buttons to switch between these patches. To get to patch 21, repeatably press the "Up" button. The pedal will allow you to select patches from 1 to 128, matching the VL70-m perfectly. To my knowledge, there is no way to use the pedal to switch between the four banks (Pr1, Pr2, Cst, Int) on the VL70-m. For performance use, I recommend setting up all patches in order of performance on the "Int" bank. The Int bank can reference patches from any of the other 3 banks, so this should be workable for most situations.

I also have just about all the software you could ever want for use with the VL70-m on the included CD. Some of these programs are difficult to impossible to find on the web anymore. There is no charge for this freeware.

Not included: WX cable, MIDI/USB computer interface, 2nd MIDI cable for X-11. Note that the VL70-m makes no sound on its own. You need headphones or an amplifier to hear it!

Questions? PLEASE ask before buying. I don't want there to be any surprises for either of us!

9 comments:

  1. So, did you ever sell this set-up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't gotten an offer worth responding to yet and haven't had time to list it elsewhere. I'd rather give it away to someone I know than someone I don't know. For the right price, I'll part with it, but not $200 that someone offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very interested in buying your gear, especially the VL70-m. I do live in Australia though but I am an established buyer with 100% rating on eBay and I buy internationally all the time. You can search for me on eBay: paradox148. Please send me an email if you are at all interested. My email: chan148ATgmail.com.

      I recently bought the EWI4000s and after reading on various forums I am getting the conclusion that the VL70-m is one of the best sound module to go with a wind controller. Been searching high and low for one to no avail so I would really appreciate your consideration to sell it to me even though you had stated that you do not ship internationally. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Mike
      I know this is a long shot but is the gear still for sale ? if so pls send me an email with price,I will pay shipping to Sydney AUS.
      Thanks
      Paul
      mes3@optusnet.com.au

      Delete
  3. Hi Mike

    If this item still available please email me, lajna04@hotmail.com.

    I live in UK and have no problem paying shipping.

    Thanks

    Jamal

    lajna04@hotmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in buying it if i'ts still available. My name is Dan. I'm from Montreal.

    You can e-mail me at nlebouc@gmail.com

    or 1-514-362-0735

    Dan

    I

    ReplyDelete
  5. 678 779 0263 IF IT THIS FOR SELL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long shot here but if still available I'm a woodwind player and wanted to know if the wind system equipment is sold so I could make offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long shot here but if still available I'm a woodwind player and wanted to know if the wind system equipment is sold so I could make offer.

    ReplyDelete